Sunday, July 22, 2007

About Ghostwriting And Writing In General


Ahh, ghostwriting. This is when freelance writers go into a trance and channel the spirit of the "real" author of an article and it goes under the spirit's name and not yours. Well, this is what the people who pay us freelance writers want you readers to believe. So, I write a crap load of articles on all different topics for the web, and never get a "by" line. Yes, this is legal.

I consider it a paid internship into the wacky world of freelance writing. I work for many web content sites and often wonder what happens to the stuff I sweat buckets over. They never tell me. So I do a little detective work on my own ... well, me and Detective Google, anyway.

So, this blog will chart the sitings of the mostly invisible articles so that maybe, one day, I can truly prove that ghostwriters like me really exist and really write. As noted in the sidebar, these will be mostly illustrated by Peter Gabriel photos, such as the one here where PG is dressed like a friendly ghost.

Although the vast majority of my work goes under other names, the ones listed below are under my name.

From eHow:
How to Calculate Keyword Density
How to Write a Villanelle Poem

From Helium:
Blogging Your Poems
How To Write Eye-Catching Christian Articles
Which Avenue of Writing Is The Most Lucrative?
Do Great Writers Rely More On Insight Or Effort? (Effort)
The Pros and Cons of Blogging for Money
What Makes a Good Blog
Overcoming the Intimidation Factor in Becoming a Writer
How to Write Easy-To-Read Articles on the Internet
The Art of Flash Fiction

No comments: