Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Tree Articles

In his 2008 TED talk, Peter Gabriel announced that he liked trees.  You know what? So do I.  Life would be better with more trees in it and less people.  When I was homeless, I expereincened very few advantages, but one of them was surrounding myself with trees instead of people.

The image of Peter here was taken not too far from where I lived on the banks of the River Avon. I'm afraid I don't know who the photographer is of this lovely image.

The following is a small selection of tree articles I've written since 2006.

From Yahoo! Voices:
Why Live Trees Should Never Be Cut Down For Christmas
Magnolia Tree Problems: Ants
Protecting Trees and Shrubs From Wild Rabbits (Shooting the rabbits is not an option)
Does Boric Acid Kill Fruit Flies On Trees?

From dbtechno.com, where I am listed as "Staff":
Rare Chinese Tree Finally Blooms After 30 Years

From eHow, who would give me the weirdest titles you can imagine:
A Silver Birch Compared to a Leopard Tree
Can Black Ants Kill a Tree? (Short answer: No) 
Do Ants Eat the Roots of Fruit Trees? (Also no)
Insects Under the Bark on Maple Trees
Can Mole Crickets Kill an Oak Tree? (Short answer: yes, in some cases)
Tree Fungus Control
Pecan Tree Worms
What Kind of Trees Will Woodpeckers Peck?

No comments: